1/1 Photo of Chorizo and Black Bean Soup With Eggs
This recipe is from Every Day with Rachael Ray, which I modified to try to reduce the sodium. It's really quite tasty, and the egg is a nice touch - don't be afraid to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb raw chorizo sausage (removed from casings and crumbled or chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers (thinly sliced or chopped) or 2 jalapenos (thinly sliced or chopped)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper (optional, I did not use)
- 4 cups cooked black beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- 1Heat oil in Dutch oven or heavy pot and add the chorizo, cooking until it it crisps around the edges.
- 2Add the onion, chili peppers, garlic, and spices. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes to bloom the spices.
- 3Puree 2 cups of the beans (or one of the cans -rinsed and drained) with 1 cup of the chicken broth. I used my stick blender. Add to the pot with the remaining beans and broth and simmer over medium heat for a few minutes to thicken.
- 4Meanwhile, poach or fry the eggs (easy over).
- 5To serve, line the sides of the bowls with a few tortilla chips. Pour in the soup, top with the eggs and with the optional garnishes you desire.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Black Bean Soup With Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.8
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 235.9 mg
- Sodium 863.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.7 g