Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
From "Weber's Time to Grill," by Jamie Purviance.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh Italian parsley, leaves and tender stems
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick cubes trimmed of excess fat
- 12 ounces chorizo sausages, cut crosswise into 1-in . pieces (fully cooked Spanish-style)
- In a food processor, whirl the parsley and garlic until finely chopped. With machine running, add oil, vinegar and 1 tablespoon water in a steady stream. Season with red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour about half of the chimichurri into a small bowl.
- Prepare grill. Season cubed beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Thread beef and chorizo pieces alternately onto skewers. Brush meat with the chimichurri sauce left in food processor.
- Grill skewers over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until steak is cooked to your desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare, turning 2 to 3 times (watch for flare-ups). Serve warm with the reserved chimichurri spooned over the top.