Recipe by Abbs <3
For some reason, I am having a difficult time finding chorizo in NH. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I haven't tried this yet. I've thought about trying it with hot italian sausage instead...but I'm not sure. If anyone tries it before me, let me know how it is!
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, not drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces fully cooked chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6 tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in food processor with knife blade attached, process beans with their liquid until coarsely chopped.
- In non-stick 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring ocassionally, until lightly browned, 3-4 minute Stir in chili powder, cumin, and chorizo, cook 2 minute Add beans and cook 2 mins, stirring.
- Fill tortillas with equal amounts. Fold sides over filling to serve.