Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful! The ingredients are just perfect and the flavors blend so well. Very easy to make, but very impressive. I see myself making these often, lol! Different, but delicious. From Easy Meals, Mexican.
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (I use jarred)
- 8 -10 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups grated cheese (I use a mexican blend)
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly (I've also used shallots, thinly sliced)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat a skillet, then add the chorizo and saute until browned.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Divide the chorizo and artichoke hearts between the 4 tortillas.
- Divide between the 4 tortillas: the garlic, the roasted red pepper, the cheese, and finally the scallions (or shallots).
- Place them under a heated broiler and broil until the cheese melts and starts to sizzle.
- Remove from broiler, and sprinkle with tomato and cilantro.
- Dollop with sour cream if using, then serve hot.