1/1 Photo of Chorizo and Artichoke Heart Tostadas
These are wonderful! The ingredients are just perfect and the flavors blend so well. Very easy to make, but very impressive. I see myself making these often, lol! Different, but delicious. From Easy Meals, Mexican.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (I use jarred)
- 8 -10 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups grated cheese (I use a mexican blend)
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly (I've also used shallots, thinly sliced)
- 1 tomato, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat a skillet, then add the chorizo and saute until browned.
- 2Place the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- 3Divide the chorizo and artichoke hearts between the 4 tortillas.
- 4Divide between the 4 tortillas: the garlic, the roasted red pepper, the cheese, and finally the scallions (or shallots).
- 5Place them under a heated broiler and broil until the cheese melts and starts to sizzle.
- 6Remove from broiler, and sprinkle with tomato and cilantro.
- 7Dollop with sour cream if using, then serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Artichoke Heart Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.1
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 1760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers