Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is for Chorzio, a spicy Mexican sausage. It can be served in patties, or as an ingredient in other foods.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (cominos)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chilies or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, mixed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Form into 6 thin patties.
- To cook, fry patties and serve with eggs.
- OR, fry, crumble meat, and use in tacos or other mexican foods.
Tried several recipes for a huge batch of ground pork and this recipe was just rite, not too hot spicy.
This was fantastic. I used ground pork [which we have a lot of from buying a side of pork last fall, but which I didn't know what to do with]. I fried it loose and served it with mexican rice. Everyone loved it - it was just spicy enough without being too much for my 4 year old. Thanks for a great new recipe, wildheart !
Good tasting recipe! I used it in Mexican Lasagna and it really gave it that "something extra"! It's an easy to make recipe and can be used in so many ways. Thanks, Carole in Orlando