Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make mine hotter but this is a good starter recipe.
Make and share this Chorizo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (mexican if you can find it)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Put everything except the pork in a food processor and puree.
- Add 1/2 the pork, pulse, add remaining pork and pulse to mix well.
- Remove and wrap in waxed paper, then plastic wrap.
- I like to chill this for a day or two to let the spices do their thing!
- Salt to taste-I like this with alot of salt however 1 to 1 and 1/2 teaspoons is a good start.
Much better than 95% of the chorizo that you purchase in the store. Terrific!
Out of 3 chorizo recipes we tried with a big batch of ground pork, my husband liked this one the best for flavor. Now to dig out those mexican recipes.