Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another favorite. The Mexican chorizo enhances the flavor of the cheese and green peppers. Enjoy it.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemexican chorizo sausage, sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) asadero cheese, shredded (or use Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn tortillas or 1 (8 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Remove the chorizo's case and heat it in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon off most of the fat. Slice cheese into 1-inch cubes and place half in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with half the chorizo, the green peppers and remaining cheese. Top with remaining chorizo.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until creamy and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Top mixture with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately using a spoon to serve on the tortillas. Mmmm -- delicious.