Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a very old copy of "Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook." This recipe is not in their new books. It's fast, cheap, and super easy to prepare!
- 297.66 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 473.18 ml chow mein noodles (divided)
- 170.09 g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen peas (optional)
- 118.29 ml cashews, toasted (optional)
- Combine soup and ¼ cup water.
- Add 1 cup of the chow mein noodles, dash pepper; and remaining ingredients.
- Toss lightly; turn into 10x6x11 ½ baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining noodles atop.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serves 4 or 5.
This recipe takes me back to 1958 and my Mothers kitchen. We thought this was very exotic food from the Far East way back then. Ultimate comfort food for me and my sisters. Yummy!!Thanks for sharing.
This has always been a favorite of mine! I use cream of celery soup and most often don't use the cashews. It will even work stove top if you're REALLY pressed for time. It's just a terrific, fast and economical meal. Thanks for posting this!