Recipe by tjneilson
This recipe originally came from the Women's Ministry Cooking Group.
Top Review by * Pamela *
This was ok. It did not go over well with my family, though. I like the fact that you can prepare most of this recipe in advance, and the flavour was fine, however, the noodles did not stay crisp but didn't get totally soft either. So the topping ended up tasting half cooked. I always like hving leftovers to send with my husband the next day but this casserole would not taste good after a night in the fridge. Sorry, I probably would not make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups chicken, chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Freezing: Saute onion, celery, and poultry seasoning in butter.
- Mix in the chicken and cream of mushroom soup.
- Bag the mixture in a gallon bag.
- Bag the cashews.
- Bag the chow mein noodles.
- Put all in a produce bag.
- Preparation: Thaw.
- Spray the bottom of a casserole pan with a non-stick spray.
- Next, mix the chicken mixture and cashews together, then spread in the bottom of the greased casserole pan.
- Top with chow mein noodles.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.