Recipe by Annie~C~
What could be more comforting than pork chops with succulent gravy and mashed potatoes on the side? YUM! I found this in a Taste of Home magazine. Hope you like it. I sure do!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients; reserve 3 TBS.
- Add pork chops one at a time in the bag, toss and coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chops in butter until golden brown.
- Transfer to a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture, gradually add milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the meat is not longer pink. Serve with potatoes.