Recipe by southern_gal12000
Great "friends in the backyard" recipe. Be sure the chops are at least an inch thick to ensure a moist, tender meat. From Heart and Soul Cookbook from the Junior League of Memphis.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Thought these were good chops, loved the marinade, but thought it could of used something else to go with the marinade. It did make for a pleasant meal. Made for Alphabet Tag.
- 8 boneless center cut pork chops, cut 1 in. thick
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, red wine vinegar, sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Place pork chops in a plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Pour marinade over meat. Close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 24 hours, turning bag several times to distribute marinade.
- Drain chops.
- Place chops on cooking grid. Grill, covered, directly over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until no longer pink.