Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Bold, Italian flavor that's sure to please. Low carb on it's own, but for those not low carbing this goes great over fettuccine.
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (drained if from a can or thawed if frozen, rinsed & quartered either way)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients except for the cream and cheese in the crockpot (making sure that the chops are lying flat in the pot).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove the porkchops from the crockpot; mix the cream and cheese with the juices and vegetables remaining in the pot.
- Return the chops to the pot and coat with sauce.
Love this! I've made it using both chicken and pork with excellent results. What especially makes this great is that it is really easy to prepare because it's a crockpot recipe, yet it doesn't taste like a typical bland crockpot recipe. Thanks for posting!
I used chicken and served it over buttered noodles, with some greenbeans with parm cheese and it was wonderful meal. DH kept saying "WOW". Great flavors. I don't usually change someone recipe, but did but only by accident. increased cayene to 3/4 tsp. Definitely a keeper THANKS!!!
Wonderful combination of flavors in this dish. I cooked it for 3 1/2 hrs. on Hi. It's a keeper.