Recipe by MizzNezz
Creamy, good comfort food!!
Top Review by Malriah
I have never tried scalloped potatoes this way. The broth adds a different flavor. Actually, I only had to cook it for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The chops were tender and the potatoes were cooked to perfection. Maybe it had something to do with a difference in ovens? We really enjoyed it and I will probably make it again. Next time I will probably add some garlic just because I eat garlic in almost everything. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In med saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Add broth; cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In skillet, brown chops in oil; season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Layer potatoes and onion slices in a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Pour the broth mixture over.
- Put chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.