Recipe by The Daycare Lady
From Fix It & Forget It. I usually omit the lemon and add 1/2 cup brown sugar,also the bacon can be eliminated if you don't have it. Pork steak can be substituted. It breaks up and falls of the bone and this turns into a stew.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is a pretty good dish, I just had to adjust a little for our tastes...I only had 1/2 a lemon left and was glad I didn't add a whole one; the lemon flavor was a bit strong for us. After removing the chops to plate I added approx 1/4 cup brown sugar to sweeten up the beans. Will make again without the lemon and maybe a little bit more brown sugar. Made for My-3-Chefs November 2009.
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 slices bacon, browned and crumpled (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 -6 pork chops (If you use pork steak, the meat will fall off the bone and this dish will be more like a stew. I act) or 4 -6 pork steaks (If you use pork steak, the meat will fall off the bone and this dish will be more like a stew. I act)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon (I usually leave this out) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, 1/2 cup ketchup,bacon, onions. Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in slow cooker.
- Brown chops in skillet. In separate bowl, mix together 2 tsp mustard, 1 T brown sugar and 1/4 cup ketchup. Brush each chop with sauce, then carefully stack into cooker, placing a slice of lemon on each chop,if desired. Submerge in bean/bacon mixture.
- Cover. cook on Low 4-6 hours.