Recipe by graffeetee
This is CRUNCHY and one of my favorite summertime salads! I prefer my green beans less well done than most folks, so you may want to increase the cooking time. But IMHO you will miss part of the crunch!
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄4 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb English cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the beans inti 1-inch lengths and place in microwave-safe container.
- Add 2 tablespoons water, cover lightly, and microwave on high 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Immediately plunge into cold water to stop cooking.
- Dry beans and place in large bowl.
- Add the rest of the veggies and the parsley and toss to mix.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and evoo and add s&p to taste.
- Toss the salad thoroughly with the dressing.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.