Recipe by Lynn Joanne
This recipe is soo simple, yet so delicious. Very old world. You really need a food processor or a blender, but I think a food processor works better. PS. This is a very healthy appetizer.I don't know why they call it chopped turnip, but I think rutabaga is in the turnip family...
- 1 rutabaga
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, more as needed
- 1 small onions or 2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- kosher salt
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the rutabaga.
- Add to the food processor.
- Use a high setting and gradually add olive oil.
- You want as smooth consistency as you can get.
- Peel the shallots, garlic and add to the food processor.
- You might have to add more olive oil so you can get this very smooth consistency.
- This might take at least 4 minutes.
- I add a lot of pepper and salt to taste.
- The pepper adds more taste.
- This keeps well.
- I serve on black bread.
- Goes well with a really dry white wine.