Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Pinch of Yum.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups green cabbage or 2 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot (1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 1 papaya (1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 birds eye chili peppers (or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the chicken breasts, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes. When the chicken is done, remove from heat, drain water, let cool, and shred with two forks.
- Chop the cabbage into very thin pieces, like it would be for coleslaw. I use a mandolin. Peel and grate the carrots. Cut off the skin, remove the seeds, and grate the papaya. Roughly chop the cilantro and green onions. Toss the chicken and vegetables in a large bowl and keep chilled.
- Mince the garlic and chili peppers. Place garlic and peppers in a small mixing bowl with the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, oil, and fish sauce. Whisk until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Add the crushed peanuts. Serve chilled. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to one day. For best results, keep the leftover salad and dressing separate until ready to serve.
Awesome salad! Followed the recipe to the letter, using the red pepper flakes option, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / SE Asia for The Apron String Travelers
Really good, healthy, and quick to make. I adapted it a little and loved it. Thanks for posting - I'll use this one alot. Jan.