Recipe by Cheryl Moore
i love this recipe as cool summer lunch or with some grilled chicken added for an evening meal...so easy...and everyone comes back for more
Top Review by kerry1969
..so satisfying.....you feel like you're cheating on your diet.....also instead of grilled chicken...put a chopped hard boiled egg in the salad wrap ...or bacon or tuna...mmmmmmmm-mmmmmm
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced white and green parts
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (your choice of olive, but i prefer the small green stuffed w/ pimento)
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- flour tortilla (your choice, any kind but the larger ones work best)
- salad dressing, of your choice (i prefer non fat italian or a greek dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix all the chopped items together in a large bowl.
- serve with dressings on the side so that leftover (yeah, right!) salad doesn't get soggy.
- i love this salad served in a tortilla wrap with just a touch of dressing.
- You can also serve without the tortilla wrap as main meal salad with some grilled chicken on top.