Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
i love this recipe as cool summer lunch or with some grilled chicken added for an evening meal...so easy...and everyone comes back for more
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced white and green parts
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (your choice of olive, but i prefer the small green stuffed w/ pimento)
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- flour tortilla (your choice, any kind but the larger ones work best)
- salad dressing, of your choice (i prefer non fat italian or a greek dressing)
- mix all the chopped items together in a large bowl.
- serve with dressings on the side so that leftover (yeah, right!) salad doesn't get soggy.
- i love this salad served in a tortilla wrap with just a touch of dressing.
- You can also serve without the tortilla wrap as main meal salad with some grilled chicken on top.