Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
i love this recipe as cool summer lunch or with some grilled chicken added for an evening meal...so easy...and everyone comes back for more
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced white and green parts
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (your choice of olive, but i prefer the small green stuffed w/ pimento)
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- flour tortilla (your choice, any kind but the larger ones work best)
- salad dressing, of your choice (i prefer non fat italian or a greek dressing)
- mix all the chopped items together in a large bowl.
- serve with dressings on the side so that leftover (yeah, right!) salad doesn't get soggy.
- i love this salad served in a tortilla wrap with just a touch of dressing.
- You can also serve without the tortilla wrap as main meal salad with some grilled chicken on top.
..so satisfying.....you feel like you're cheating on your diet.....also instead of grilled chicken...put a chopped hard boiled egg in the salad wrap ...or bacon or tuna...mmmmmmmm-mmmmmm
A hidden gem! Very very very good. I used light Caesar dressing and whole wheat wraps. I think it's the pepperoncini that makes it stand out. I know that I'll be making this at least once a week. Thank you for helping me make healthy food so enjoyable :-)
I thought I'd found all the "wrap" recipes I wanted to try, until I found this one! I agree; this is so satisfying yet delicious. I loved how I could be creative with the ingredients: for the "salad" I used lettuce, red onion, cucumber, zucchini, carrots, sliced turkey pepperoni & used my own salad dressing, plus mixed in a little parm cheese. I also used mozzarella cheese (low fat) as a topping, plus added half a slice of turkey bacon & some shredded chicken. I am nice & full with just the wrap alone! Oh, and I used a whole wheat tortilla. It was great; and came together so fast, too!