Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The South Beach Diet Book, this salad is very fresh and light, but still filling. The flavor of the veggies is enhanced by the tangy dressing.
- 170.09 g can tuna in water
- 78.07 ml cucumber, chopped
- 78.07 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 78.07 ml avocado, chopped
- 78.07 ml celery, chopped
- 78.07 ml radish, chopped
- 236.59 ml romaine lettuce, chopped
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- To make the salad: Layer the tuna, cucumber, tomato, avocado, celery, radishes, and lettuce in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: Mix the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
I agree, this was a huge salad! I didn't have avocado so I cubed some lowfat cheese instead. I found the dressing to be a bit tangy too, but I think it probably goes with the territory of low-carb and not being able to offset that tang with sugars.
This did not appeal to us. We like salads and we like tuna. This was a bit boring.
this is great! I made it as listed but substituted red pepper for the radishes. Delicious!