From The South Beach Diet Book, this salad is very fresh and light, but still filling. The flavor of the veggies is enhanced by the tangy dressing.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup avocado, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup radish, chopped
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- To make the salad: Layer the tuna, cucumber, tomato, avocado, celery, radishes, and lettuce in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: Mix the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.