Recipe by Ms B.
From The South Beach Diet Book, this salad is very fresh and light, but still filling. The flavor of the veggies is enhanced by the tangy dressing.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
I agree, this was a huge salad! I didn't have avocado so I cubed some lowfat cheese instead. I found the dressing to be a bit tangy too, but I think it probably goes with the territory of low-carb and not being able to offset that tang with sugars.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup avocado, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup radish, chopped
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper