Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a perfect main dish salad. For Somersizers, just omit the garbanzo beans. If you keep them in, it's level 2.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 lb italian salami, finely diced
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained,rinsed (chick-peas)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a glass bowl; chill while mixing dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
I am going to make this soon; I can tell I'm going to love it! Thanks for posting.
We also enjoyed this salad. I used 1/2 t salt. The mustard taste was a little strong for me, next time I'll use half of the suggested amount. I might also try to lessen the amount of oil. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Hubby loved it and went back for seconds.
I am a Somersizer and loved this recipe!! I added some chopped tomatoes and chopped roasted red peppers (from a jar) to add some color!! My son had seconds!!!