Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a hearty, healthy salad with a nut dressing that is full of flavor. You can use any combination of vegetables that appeals to you or that you have on hand.
- 473.18 ml romaine lettuce, shredded
- 118.29 ml red cabbage, shredded
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml beet, shredded
- 236.59 ml apple, julienned
- 118.29 ml broccoli, chopped
- 118.29 ml unsweetened coconut
- 59.14 ml candied ginger
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml raw smooth cashew butter
- 59.14 ml dates, pitted
- 354.88 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 59.14 ml nama shoyu or 59.14 ml soy sauce
- In a blender, combine the nut butter, dates, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more juice if sauce is too thick.
- Toss chopped veggies, coconut and almonds in a large bowl and add nut sauce, using the amount that pleases you.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
This was so good! I used curly green lettuce in place of romaine, sweetened coconut(I used a little less), and left out the beets. I halved the recipe and didn't have cashew butter so ground up some cashews and mixed with a little peanut butter. I loved it and will have some tomorrow for lunch too! Thanks so much Geema!