Recipe by Geema
This is a hearty, healthy salad with a nut dressing that is full of flavor. You can use any combination of vegetables that appeals to you or that you have on hand.
Top Review by Sharon123
This was so good! I used curly green lettuce in place of romaine, sweetened coconut(I used a little less), and left out the beets. I halved the recipe and didn't have cashew butter so ground up some cashews and mixed with a little peanut butter. I loved it and will have some tomorrow for lunch too! Thanks so much Geema!
- 473.18 ml romaine lettuce, shredded
- 118.29 ml red cabbage, shredded
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml beet, shredded
- 236.59 ml apple, julienned
- 118.29 ml broccoli, chopped
- 118.29 ml unsweetened coconut
- 59.14 ml candied ginger
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml raw smooth cashew butter
- 59.14 ml dates, pitted
- 354.88 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 59.14 ml nama shoyu or 59.14 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the nut butter, dates, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more juice if sauce is too thick.
- Toss chopped veggies, coconut and almonds in a large bowl and add nut sauce, using the amount that pleases you.
- Mix well and serve immediately.