Recipe by Geema
This is a hearty, healthy salad with a nut dressing that is full of flavor. You can use any combination of vegetables that appeals to you or that you have on hand.
Top Review by Sharon123
This was so good! I used curly green lettuce in place of romaine, sweetened coconut(I used a little less), and left out the beets. I halved the recipe and didn't have cashew butter so ground up some cashews and mixed with a little peanut butter. I loved it and will have some tomorrow for lunch too! Thanks so much Geema!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup beet, shredded
- 1 cup apple, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raw smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup nama shoyu or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the nut butter, dates, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more juice if sauce is too thick.
- Toss chopped veggies, coconut and almonds in a large bowl and add nut sauce, using the amount that pleases you.
- Mix well and serve immediately.