1/1 Photo of Chopped Salad With Lemon Basil Dressing
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is one of my all-time favorite salads! I've had it twice at Ruth's Chris Steak House and was excited to find this copycat recipe on the web.It's an eclectic mix of 11 ingredients and you can customize it to suit personal tastes.The restaurant makes the onion rings by coating thinly sliced red onion rings with flour, then deep-frying in oil, but you can substitute canned french-fried onion rings if desired (granted, they're not the same) or skip the onion rings entirely. This recipe makes 4 main-dish salads ( my girlfriend and I usually split one salad at the restaurant and it's plenty!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups packed julienne strips iceberg lettuce (or chopped iceberg lettuce or can substitute romaine lettuce)
- 1 cup packed julienned strips fresh spinach
- 1 cup packed julienned strips radicchio
- 1/3 cup very thin slices red onion (or chopped red onions)
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced, washed and drained (about 2 cups)
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chilled hearts of palm, rinsed, well-drained and sliced
- 1/2 lb applewood-smoked bacon, chopped, fried until crisp, drained
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup crouton
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- crispy fried onions, for garnish
For Lemon Basil Dressing
- 1In a very large bowl, combine lettuce,spinach,radicchio,red onions,green olives,mushrooms,eggs,hearts of palm and bacon; toss well.
- 2Add crumbled blue cheese, croutons and about 1/2 to 3/4 of Lemon Basil Dressing; toss until well mixed.
- 3Divide salad among 4 dinner plates, garnish with cherry tomato halves and top salads with crispy fried onions.
- 4For Lemon Basil Dressing:.
- 5Combine all ingredients,add seasoned salt and garlic pepper to taste.
- 6Mix well; refrigerate until serving.
- 7Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Salad With Lemon Basil Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.9
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 309.6 mg
- Sodium 1842.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 28.9 g