- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce, one large head
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry salami, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 shredded provolone cheese
- 2⁄3 cup drained canned chick-peas (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄8 cup olive (black or green sliced-optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in bowl to blend; gradually whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Can prepare vinaigrette 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate; bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.
- Mix all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss with enough vinaigrette to cover.
- Tip: Toss together vinaigrette and salad base at last minute.