Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chopping the lettuce gives this salad a nice texture. I always receive compliments when I serve it. From June 2002 issue of Bon Appetit. The dressing goes well over any tossed salad; chopped or not!
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped too
- 1 large red bell pepper, yes,chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped as well
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (I usually use the dried since I'm tired of chopping.)
- Whisk first 4 ingrediants in small bowl; and gradually whisk in oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine lettuce, green onions, bell peppers, feta cheese, pine nuts, and dill in large bowl.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
What a wonderful combination of flavours! I halved the dressing as I like my salads on the dry side - still, so flavourful. Thank you!
The dressing really takes this recipe over the top. The vegetables were chopped and placed in the salad spinner basket, washed thoroughly, spun dry and presto. The pine nuts, cheese and dressing were added and the salad served on individual plates. I will keep this recipe to use again.
Yum, this was a delicious salad. I really liked the addition of two vinegars in the dressing. The pine nuts, feta, and dill made a great combination too. I would never have thought to put pine nuts in a salad, but it was very good. Thanks for the wonderful salad recipe!