Chopping the lettuce gives this salad a nice texture. I always receive compliments when I serve it. From June 2002 issue of Bon Appetit. The dressing goes well over any tossed salad; chopped or not!
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped too
- 1 large red bell pepper, yes,chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped as well
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (I usually use the dried since I'm tired of chopping.)
- Whisk first 4 ingrediants in small bowl; and gradually whisk in oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine lettuce, green onions, bell peppers, feta cheese, pine nuts, and dill in large bowl.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.