Recipe by KiminyMe
This is inspired by a standard tabouli recipe, but the end result only remotely resembles tabouli. Make ahead and put in the fridge to chill. Keeps for a few days. Add ingredients to taste. Substitute and/or add things based on what's in the fridge or the garden. Makes 4-6 servings as a main dish, 8-10 servings as a side dish.
Top Review by Annacia
This is delicious. I made it without the spinach but with everything else and really loved the couscous and veggies mix. I made 2 servings and am enjoying some now as I review. All of the flavors work so well together and it's so quick to put together too. It's a total win/win recipe for me. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2013
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the couscous in a heat-resistant bowl and add the boiling water. Let stand 5-10 minutes to fluff. Check consistency and add more couscous or water to desired consistency.
- While waiting for the couscous to cool, chop and mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the couscous and mix well.
- Serve immediately or let chill ahead of time.