Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Cowboy Ciao Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1⁄3 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous, cooked according to package instructions (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 grilled chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- Blend basil leaves, mayonnaise, and shallot in processor until smooth.
- Gradually blend in buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Mix Asiago cheese, currants, and pumpkin seeds in medium bowl.
- Using 1/6 of couscous, 1/6 of arugula, 1/6 of tomatoes, 1/6 of chicken, 1/6 of corn, and 1/6 of Asiago cheese mixture, form rows on each of 6 plates.
- Serve, passing dressing separately.
- **Note: you won't necessarily use all of the dressing; it just depends on how much or little you like on your salad.
Excellent chicken salad that will be going into my cookbook! I really enjoyed the dressing, and I normally dont like fresh basil. I didnt have buttermilk so I made some with milk and lemon juice mixed together. Also I kinda changed the recipe because I didnt have couscous... could have sworn I did... So I subbed cooked orzo. Not really close to each other, but it still turned out fine. Will make again subbing with nuts and other crunchy tid bits instead of seeds. I used Chicken Souvlaki Wrap for the chicken. Thanks for posting!