From the Cowboy Ciao Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup dried currant
- 1/3 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous, cooked according to package instructions (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 grilled chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1Blend basil leaves, mayonnaise, and shallot in processor until smooth.
- 2Gradually blend in buttermilk and lemon juice.
- 3Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 4Mix Asiago cheese, currants, and pumpkin seeds in medium bowl.
- 5Using 1/6 of couscous, 1/6 of arugula, 1/6 of tomatoes, 1/6 of chicken, 1/6 of corn, and 1/6 of Asiago cheese mixture, form rows on each of 6 plates.
- 6Serve, passing dressing separately.
- 7**Note: you won't necessarily use all of the dressing; it just depends on how much or little you like on your salad.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Salad With Chicken, Couscous and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 358.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: