Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A local fast-food restaurant by me sells a pretty good chopped salad but, I got tired of paying $7 for a salad. So, I did what I could to make the recipe my own. My sister actually likes mine better and said I should post it. So here is the recipe for my soon-to-be famous chopped salad.
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- After draining pasta in colander, rinse the pasta in cold water to cool off. Once drained and cooled, sprinkle with Season Salt, to taste. (I use Tastefully Simple but I am sure other brands would work as well).
- Fry bacon on stovetop. Once crisp, pat to remove excess oil and crumble.
- If using chicken, boil chicken to cook. Once cooked through, chop into small pieces. Please note: I do not often use chicken but, when I do I use a small breast or 1/2 of a breast.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Although I do not use salad dressing, my family uses a light vinigrette (their current favorite is sun-dried tomato) as a dressing with the salad.
- Also, ingredients can be removed or their amounts adjusted to meet the tastes of people eating the salad although the basic ingredients remain the same.