A local fast-food restaurant by me sells a pretty good chopped salad but, I got tired of paying $7 for a salad. So, I did what I could to make the recipe my own. My sister actually likes mine better and said I should post it. So here is the recipe for my soon-to-be famous chopped salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta per package instructions.
- 2After draining pasta in colander, rinse the pasta in cold water to cool off. Once drained and cooled, sprinkle with Season Salt, to taste. (I use Tastefully Simple but I am sure other brands would work as well).
- 3Fry bacon on stovetop. Once crisp, pat to remove excess oil and crumble.
- 4If using chicken, boil chicken to cook. Once cooked through, chop into small pieces. Please note: I do not often use chicken but, when I do I use a small breast or 1/2 of a breast.
- 5Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- 6Although I do not use salad dressing, my family uses a light vinigrette (their current favorite is sun-dried tomato) as a dressing with the salad.
- 7Also, ingredients can be removed or their amounts adjusted to meet the tastes of people eating the salad although the basic ingredients remain the same.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Salad (Soon to Be Famous)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 603.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g