Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This recipe is from our grammar school cookbook. Submitted by Mrs. I. I have made it twice now and REALLY love it. A good blue cheese & Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing really makes all the difference. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, trimmed, chopped into bite sized pieces, chilled
- 1/2 cup ditalini, uncooked
- 4 slices cooked and chopped bacon
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast, rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 ounces goronzola blue cheese, crumbled, any good blue will work
- 2 -4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, Paul Newman's (lite)
- 1Cook pasta to package instructions.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp, cool then chop.
- 3Slice then chop tomatoes. Place in a strainer or colander to drain off any excess liquid.
- 4Arrange lettuce in the bottom of a bowl. Top with pasta, tomato, cheese, cubed chicken onions, avocado. This can be done ahead of time. It looks very pretty to arrange the toppings in row.
- 5Immediately before serving top & toss with vinaigrette dressing.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Salad & Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 583.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: