Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This recipe is from our grammar school cookbook. Submitted by Mrs. I. I have made it twice now and REALLY love it. A good blue cheese & Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing really makes all the difference. Enjoy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, trimmed, chopped into bite sized pieces, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup ditalini, uncooked
- 4 slices cooked and chopped bacon
- 1⁄2 cooked chicken breast, rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces goronzola blue cheese, crumbled, any good blue will work
- 2 -4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, Paul Newman's (lite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to package instructions.
- Cook bacon until crisp, cool then chop.
- Slice then chop tomatoes. Place in a strainer or colander to drain off any excess liquid.
- Arrange lettuce in the bottom of a bowl. Top with pasta, tomato, cheese, cubed chicken onions, avocado. This can be done ahead of time. It looks very pretty to arrange the toppings in row.
- Immediately before serving top & toss with vinaigrette dressing.