Recipe by Kathy228
The key is chopping the veggies into small pieces. This is what gives the salad such a clean, fresh taste. The small pieces impart juices and flavor. No dressing required. This is good for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. NOTE: For a Fatoush-type of salad, toast or broil a slice of pita bread; break-up the crispy pieces into the salad.
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
This salad turned out really good! I was skeptical that it would be good without dressing, but it really was. It tasted so fresh and light and was easy to make too. I'm sure I will do this one again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onions, chopped or 5 green onions, plus tops chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, quartered
- 1 head lettuce, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts or 2⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the vegetables into small 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a big bowl.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Quarter the olives; add to the vegetables.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese.
- Chop lettuce into fine pieces; combine with vegetable mixture.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- This recipe is flexible. Add or delete vegetables and/or nuts to your liking. Diced zucchini, red peppers, fresh herbs, pumpkin seed kernels can all be used in any combination that appeals to your family.