Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The key is chopping the veggies into small pieces. This is what gives the salad such a clean, fresh taste. The small pieces impart juices and flavor. No dressing required. This is good for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. NOTE: For a Fatoush-type of salad, toast or broil a slice of pita bread; break-up the crispy pieces into the salad.
- Chop the vegetables into small 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a big bowl.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Quarter the olives; add to the vegetables.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese.
- Chop lettuce into fine pieces; combine with vegetable mixture.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- This recipe is flexible. Add or delete vegetables and/or nuts to your liking. Diced zucchini, red peppers, fresh herbs, pumpkin seed kernels can all be used in any combination that appeals to your family.
This salad turned out really good! I was skeptical that it would be good without dressing, but it really was. It tasted so fresh and light and was easy to make too. I'm sure I will do this one again. Thanks for posting!
Yummy! I was just saying to a friend, "I'd eat a lot more salads at home if they would taste like they do in restaurants." This is it! Make as directed, just omitted the black olives and used Tomato and Basil flavor feta. Thanks for the restaurant quality salad!!
This didn't need any dressing and I served about 10 min. later. I used sunflower seeds and they added a nice crunch/flavor. My teenage daughter liked a lot. Thanks Kathy! Roxygirl