Top Review by Simply Chris
Very good, hearty main course salad. I halved the recipe and have some left over...DH will have to lunch. I used did use Balsamic Vinagrette dressing recipe #133158 and it went very well. I had to sub whole wheat elbow mac for the shell pasta as I couldn't find whole wheat shell, and we only use whole wheat. ALso added some Kalamata olives in addition to the black olives, just because I like them a lot. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing! Reviewing for Zaar Tag.
- 2 grilled boneless chicken breasts (I marinade mine in 1 T olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, and 1 t Italian seasonings)
- 2 heads chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped roma tomato
- 4 ounces chopped provolone cheese or 4 ounces havarti cheese
- 1 cup cooked small shell pasta
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 10 chopped basil leaves
- red onion ring
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- carrot, that have been julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken thinly and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl except garnishes and chicken.
- When ready to serve use garnishes and chicken arranged over each individual salad.
- Drizzle w/ vinaigrette.
- Time includes grill time for chicken (if you are preparing the salad at the same time).