I fell in love with this salad from one of our local Lebanese shops and had tried for years to find the recipe. I finally found it on another site and would like to share it with you. The blending of juices from fresh garden vegetables makes this salad one of a kind. Simple to prepare it is one of our favorites. My husband even likes it and he's a meat, potato and gravy man!
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (roma's are best)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 asian cucumber, chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, scallions, mint, cilantro and parsley in a bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over salad and toss to blend.
- Add salt and pepper.
- All measurements are versatile depending upon individual tastes!