I fell in love with this salad from one of our local Lebanese shops and had tried for years to find the recipe. I finally found it on another site and would like to share it with you. The blending of juices from fresh garden vegetables makes this salad one of a kind. Simple to prepare it is one of our favorites. My husband even likes it and he's a meat, potato and gravy man!
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (roma's are best)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 asian cucumber, chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, scallions, mint, cilantro and parsley in a bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over salad and toss to blend.
- Add salt and pepper.
- All measurements are versatile depending upon individual tastes!
Yes - Yes Yes!! We love salads and this one has all the ingredients we love, comes together to make for one great salad. Other than not having the mint I made as posted and loved, loved loved!~ Already reruns - be assured when i find fresh mint at the market I make it exactly as posted. Thank you Paka, as you can tell even without the mint we really love this one!
A delicious salad with a lovely crunch. It reminds me of a salad that Arab friends used to make -- especially the use of equal amounts of oil and lemon juice. It was a refreshing and balancing addition to a meal of Indian curries. Made and thoroughly enjoyed for Pick a Chef.
This is a wonderful salad!! It was amazing the way in which the flavors of the ingredients combined to make such a delicious salad. I served it with grilled lamb, pita and Hummus (Hummus, Hommos, Humus). We will make this again! Thanks for a healthy recipe that tastes so very good!! acerast