Recipe by LarryG56
This is a simple, homey recipe passed down from my grandmother. She made it with ground beef but it can be made with any ground meat you like. I make it exclusively now with ground turkey.
Top Review by pete_mcnamara
Can't believe someone else had this. My sister & I would eat this on Friday nights. My father would make it a bit less complicated. It actually was just chopped meat & campbells pork & beans. Sometimes with onion and pepper, but mostly plain. Brought back some great memories.Thank You.
- 2 lbs ground meat, of choice
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (55 ounce) can baked beans (recommend Bush's)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the bacon in a large pan over medium heat. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Saute the chopped meat, onion, peppers and garlic in the bacon renderings until the meat is browned.
- Chop the bacon into 1/2 inch bits and add to the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce and beans.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.