This is a great salad with antipasta ingredients. Feel free to add your favorite Italian antipasta ingredients. The options are endless, but the result is fabulous!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni or 1⁄4 lb salami or 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup drained sliced pimiento (one 4-ounce jar)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained rinsed, and chopped canned artichoke hearts (one 15-ounce can)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped pepperoncini pepper (optional)
- provolone cheese (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup of thin-sliced basil leaves (optional)
- Ln a large salad bowl, combine first 5 ingredients along with any optional ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Add vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan to the bowl.
- Toss thoroughly to combine the ingredients.