1/3 Photos of Chopped Iceberg Wedge Salad (The Mermaid Oyster Bar)
This is Zach Braff's (of Scrubs) favorite salad from The Mermaid Oyster Bar in New York City. Recipe was in Food Network Magazine June 2010. I think some grilled shrimp would be DIVINE on top of this salad!!! I suggest letting the dressing rest for an hour or two to get maximum flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (OK to sub light)
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml horseradish
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt (I use seasoning salt or old bay seasoning)
- 6 thick strips smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml crumbled blue cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Make the dressing by whisking the mayo, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste in a small bowl to smooth.
- 2Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 3Roughly chop the lettuce, then toss with some of the dressing in a serving bowl. Top with the tomatoes and scallions.
- 4Scatter the bacon and cheese over the salad; season with pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- 5Serve with more dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Iceberg Wedge Salad (The Mermaid Oyster Bar)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 834.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g