Recipe by Abby Girl
A different take on cole slaw. By letting the cabbage sit in the salt overnight, it drains off some of the liquid so the dressing does not get to watery
- 2 lbs green cabbage, quartered, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise, then chopped crosswise (about 16 cups)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage in large colander; set colander over large bowl. Sprinkle salt over cabbage and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in small bowl to blend. (Dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Discard all liquid accumulated in bowl from cabbage. Rinse cabbage under cold water to remove some of salt. Working in batches, squeeze out as much liquid as possible from cabbage. Transfer cabbage to large serving bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup dressing over and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Season with pepper.