The ingredients list look long, but is actually easy to throw together. This is a meal in itself and a good way use up your leftover chicken. Serve with pita bread and/or hummus. Can sub sweet bell peppers for some of the tomatoes and cucumbers. Stay within the recipe's measurements or there may not be enough dressing to coat. From Eating Well.
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk vinegar, oil, dill (or oregano), garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and feta; toss to coat.