- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour, increasing heat if necessary until the mixture gently bubbles.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from burner, add milk, stir and return to stove over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring constanly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, adding more milk if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper, add chopped egg and mix.