Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use this sauce with "I Love Salmon Loaf" and cooked asparagus. The flavor combination is perfect!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in flour, increasing heat if necessary until the mixture gently bubbles.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from burner, add milk, stir and return to stove over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring constanly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, adding more milk if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper, add chopped egg and mix.
Very tasty. My SO raved about this sauce. Instead of Salmon Loaf, I made Baked Stuffed Haddock and poured the sauce over prior to serving. Excellent!!!!
This was really good. Served over the salmon loaf #20659. Will make again, and use over other salmon dishes!
When I first made this sauce and tasted it, I thought it was horrible and bland. But I decided since I'd already made the salmon loaf, I should give it a try before coming to conclusions. Boy, was I glad! The two went perfectly well together. I even had a bite of salmon loaf without the sauce, but my family and I agree: the two go perfectly together! Thanks, and sorry for doubting you!!