Recipe by WiGal
From Romancing The Avocado by Patricia Jinich. Timing does not include cooking the eggs.
Top Review by threeovens
Very nice sandwich. I made the filling a day in advance (not by choice, lol) and it was still great the next day. The avocado did not discolor as I was afraid it might. I think a couple of slices of bacon would not be amiss.
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons white onions, chopped (use less if you prefer I would)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 large Hass avocado, diced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 6 -8 slices brioche bread or 6 -8 slices challah, lightly toasted
- 4 slices muenster cheese, Mexican manchegoor Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, onion, parsley, dill, Dijon and mayonnaise together.
- Toss in the avocado, sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently mix well.
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Scoop a generous amount of the chopped egg and avocado on a slice of bread, add a slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread.