This is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Chopped Cobb Salad (No Cheese!!) recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning, eyeball it
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slice bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 avocados, halved and diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons oil, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Wash hands. Grill or pan-fry chicken 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, cover eggs with cold water. Place over high heat and bring water to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, cool eggs under cold running water. Peel and chop.
- Brown chopped bacon in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Chop 3 hearts of romaine lettuce and place in a large serving platter or salad bowl. Dress chopped lettuce with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over lettuce. Season greens with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss diced avocados with juice of remaining 1/2 lemon, to retard browning.
- Halve chicken breasts and chop the meat.
- To serve, arrange rows of chopped chicken, chopped hard boiled egg, crisp bacon bits, diced avocado, diced tomato and chopped red onion on top of either 4 individual portions of dressed romaine or 1 large serving platter.