Recipe by dojemi
This recipe can be adjusted to your taste. At times I've added an extra onion and egg. Taste-test as you mix.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken fat (or oil)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4 cup oil in skillet.
- Add onions and saute' for approximately 10 minutes or until they are caramelized.
- Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining oil in same skillet.
- Saute' livers for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop, or mash, livers to desired consistency.
- Add the onions and eggs and mix together.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix well and chill.
- Serve at room temperature.