Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an old family recipe passed down to our women for generations. It is the best chopped Liver I have ever had! A True Jewish Classic.
- Defrost livers.
- Sprinkle salt over livers and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off salt.
- Dice onion and garlic and sautee in oil until tender.
- Put in bowl for chopping.
- Grill livers on BBQ (Kosher Method) or saute livers in oil until done.
- Put into bowl with onions and add sugar to taste (one teaspoon at a time.).
- Fry egg in frying pan then add to the bowl.
- Soak bread under water and squeeze out.
- Add bread to bowl.
- Chop all ingredients together.
- Add oil if chopped liver becomes dry.
- Refridgerate to cool.