Recipe by KosherCook
This is an old family recipe passed down to our women for generations. It is the best chopped Liver I have ever had! A True Jewish Classic.
- 226.79 g chicken liver
- 1 egg
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- white sugar (to taste)
- kosher rock salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost livers.
- Sprinkle salt over livers and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off salt.
- Dice onion and garlic and sautee in oil until tender.
- Put in bowl for chopping.
- Grill livers on BBQ (Kosher Method) or saute livers in oil until done.
- Put into bowl with onions and add sugar to taste (one teaspoon at a time.).
- Fry egg in frying pan then add to the bowl.
- Soak bread under water and squeeze out.
- Add bread to bowl.
- Chop all ingredients together.
- Add oil if chopped liver becomes dry.
- Refridgerate to cool.