This has got to be one of the most delcious recipes! It is yet another chopped liver recipe which is wonderful. Courtesy of Barefoot Contessa Parties (2001) - Ina Garten. Television Food Network, G.P. copyright 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g chicken livers
- 236.59 ml rendered fat or 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml medium-diced yellow onions
- 78.07 ml madeira wine
- 4 extra-large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled & chunked
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley leaves
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1Drain and pat the livers dry saute them in 2 batches in 2 Tablespoons of rendered fat over med-high heat; turning once, for about 5 minutes, or until just barley pink inside.
- 2Transfer them to a large bowl.
- 3DON'T OVERCOOK or livers will be dry.
- 4In the same pan, saute the onions in 3 Tablespoons of chicken fat over med-high heat for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- 5Add the Madeira and deglaze the pan, scraping the sides for about 15 seconds.
- 6Pour into the bowl with livers.
- 7Add the eggs, parsley, thyme, salt, black pepper, cayenne and remaining chicken fat (or melted margarine ) to the bowl.
- 8Toss quickly to combine.
- 9Transfer mixture to the bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse 6-8 times until coarsely chopped; do this in batches.
- 10Season to taste and chill.
- 11Serve on cocktail rye, crackers, toast points or matzo.
- 12Enjoy until next year!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Chicken Liver
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 362.0 mg
- Sodium 373.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g