Recipe by Felix4067
Quick and easy, tasty variation on the traditional casserole that is requested often at my house. Never have any leftovers, either.
Top Review by BakinBaby
Very good. I love recipes that have unique flavors like this and it's nice to have recipes that use canned ingredients that I can keep on hand. This is a real keeper, thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can diced pimentos
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can spinach or 1 package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the stuff in the can)
- 1⁄3 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, cover chicken with cold water.
- Bring to boil, reduce to low heat and simmer, covered about 7 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove cover and let chicken cool in the water for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooling, stir together artichoke hearts, spinach, pimento, water chestnuts, onion, mayonnaise and pepper in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Stir half the crumb mixture into artichoke mixture.
- Set remaining bread crumbs aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dice chicken and stir into artichoke mixture.
- Spoon into 1-1/2 quart casserole and smooth top.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve over rice.