Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is for Bing Cherries. Any sweet cherry can be used. The dried cherries can be used in any baking or sauce recipe.
- 10 -20 lbs fresh bing cherries, stemmed, pitted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch, per quart ziploc bag
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, per gallon ziploc bag
Directions See How It's Made
- You may chop the cherries or cut each cherry in half.
- Place the cherries on baking trays or on trays in a dehydrator.
- Set oven 180* or 200*. Turn twice during the drying period.
- Should be dry in 6 to 8 hours, depending on how many cherries on each tray.
- Cool. Pack in Ziplock bags.
- Add cornstarch to bag and shake to mix.