1/1 Photo of Chopped Blue Cheese Salad
There was a request for the Outback's Blue Cheese Chopped Salad on the forum today... it's been a couple of years since I had the salad myself, but I recall really enjoying it! The request set my tastebuds a'craving, so I put together this salad. We took it to a potluck today - I had two servings of it for lunch, and the husband and potluck attendees pronounced it great! :)
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
Candied cinnamon pecans
- 1/3 cup sliced-lengthwise pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3 cups chopped bibb lettuce or 3 cups butter lettuce
- 3 cups chopped redleaf lettuce
- 3 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 green onion, chopped
Blue cheese vinaigrette
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Slice each pecan half into three lengthwise pieces.
- 3Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 4Toss pecans with melted butter, then with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, tossing well to ensure a thorough coating.
- 5Put the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until sugar is caramelized.
- 6Remove the baking sheet from the oven, slide the parchment together with the nuts off the sheet to cool, and set aside.
- 7Chop the lettuces into smallish bitesized pieces; use a salad spinner to wash and dry them.
- 8Slice the green onion.
- 9Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- 10Place the chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl (one large enough to toss the salad in).
- 11Add the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly to coat.
- 12Sprinkle with the chopped onion.
- 13Break the cooled pecan slices apart and sprinkle them over the salad.
- 14Serve and enjoy!
- 15Note: if taking this to a picnic or potluck, make sure you prepare it just before you go or the lettuces will get a bit limp after a couple of hours - it'll still tastes good, though.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 199.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g