Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A colorful and flavorful side dish or light meal. The freshest asparagus has heads that are tightly closed, not feathery.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced fine
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- In medium-sized bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly, while whisking.
- Drop in peppers, onions and tomatoes as you chop them.
- Blanch asparagus: boil water, drop asparagus into the water and notice that the color turns a bright green, about 30 seconds, immediately remove asparagus with a slotted spoon to ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once asparagus has cooled a bit, add to the other ingredients and toss well.
- The longer this marinates, the better it tastes.
EXCELLENT! This was pretty as well as delicious. Since there was red & green in the salad I used only yellow & orange peppers. Everyone enjoyed & my DM who loves asparagus took home the leftovers. Definite make again. Thanks!