Recipe by Queen of Everything
A colorful and flavorful side dish or light meal. The freshest asparagus has heads that are tightly closed, not feathery.
Top Review by Night Owl
EXCELLENT! This was pretty as well as delicious. Since there was red & green in the salad I used only yellow & orange peppers. Everyone enjoyed & my DM who loves asparagus took home the leftovers. Definite make again. Thanks!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced fine
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium-sized bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly, while whisking.
- Drop in peppers, onions and tomatoes as you chop them.
- Blanch asparagus: boil water, drop asparagus into the water and notice that the color turns a bright green, about 30 seconds, immediately remove asparagus with a slotted spoon to ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once asparagus has cooled a bit, add to the other ingredients and toss well.
- The longer this marinates, the better it tastes.